We are currently seeking the right professional for an excellent opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager. The ideal candidate has a landscape background, but strong consideration will be given to all candidates that truly understand the value of customer service and are willing to learn more about the industry. As a Project Manager, you will be asked to own the experience that our customers have with Stephens Landscaping, taking a project from start to finish while maintaining great relationships with the customer, and guiding your team daily.
Job Summary: The Landscape Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of multiple design | build projects, using job knowledge and skills to make informed decisions in order to achieve maximum results and ensuring the highest level of quality and customer service.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the management of multiple small to large design | build projects ranging in size from $10,000-$500,000
- Provide timely and exceptional verbal and electronic communication with client along every step of the process.
- Attend sales meetings as needed, record measurements, take notes and pictures in order to assist with estimating as needed.
- Work closely with the design and permit team as needed to develop creative and environmentally responsible solutions.
- Meet with Production Supervisors on a daily basis to discuss job details, crew efficiencies, budgets, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Ensure that all permits and job signs are posted, and silt control practices are being maintained, per plans.
- Work closely with our site work teams to ensure accuracy of project layout and grading details are being accomplished, per plans.
- Manage crew organization, sub-contractors, and equipment necessities for your jobs.
- Serve as our client’s primary contact once the project has commenced to ensure satisfaction and outstanding quality of work.
- Coordinate with Lead PM or Director to ensure timely and accurate billing using our in-place sheets and processes.
- Direct activities on the job site including, but limited to: coordination of work flow, hands on work, and operating a variety of equipment.
- Work closely with all field employees to train and help them grow individually and as a team.
- Oversee and direct 3-4 crews for a total of approximately 12-15 team members.
- Schedule work with the Lead PM.
- Provide effective leadership to properly motivate employees and promote a strong company culture.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service and conflict resolution.
- Assist with managing labor hours and quality of work.
- Work to address and resolve client issues by evaluating concerns and developing solutions.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure proper billing in a timely manner.
- Work as part of our snow removal team throughout the winter months.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- Great understanding of site work, hardscapes, and softscapes.
- Ability to read and understand site plans.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in group settings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong project management and landscape construction skills.
- Outstanding strategic skills with solid creative thinking.
- Results oriented and deadline management driven.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Landscape design experience, a plus.
- Willingness to learn and abide by all state and local permit regulations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Availability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail oriented.
- Punctual, dependable and accountable.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse work force.
- Clean and professional appearance.