Stephens Landscaping Professionals, LLC is looking for a reliable and experienced irrigation technician to install and service our client’s irrigation systems. This position could be full time year-round or full time seasonal. As an irrigation technician, you will be responsible for mapping out irrigation areas, digging trenches, installing equipment and electrical timer systems, testing the system, as well as conducting regular maintenance checks.
To ensure success as an irrigation technician, you should exhibit a strong work ethic, and have detailed knowledge of irrigation techniques. Ultimately, a top-level Irrigation Technician can expertly install any sized irrigation system to fit the needs of the client.
Irrigation Technician Responsibilities:
- Install residential and commercial irrigation systems.
- Perform spring turn-on and fall closing/winterization of residential and commercial irrigation systems.
- Trouble shoot, diagnose, and repair problems with existing residential and commercial irrigation systems including lines, sprinkler heads, control panels, valves, and pumps.
- Inspecting and loading equipment for the day’s work.
- Driving to the client’s location.
- Testing the soil and vegetation to determine irrigation needs.
- Digging trenches and installing pipes and lines.
- Installing pumps and electrical timers.
- Testing the irrigation system with the aid of computer software.
- Conducting routine maintenance checks.
- Troubleshooting and replacing faulty parts.
- Completing progress reports and associated paperwork.
- Maintain commercial irrigations systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems.
- Program controllers for efficiency.
- Maintain inventory.
- Interact with property owners and/or reps.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize duties in an ever changing and fast paced environment.
- Valid Driver’s License with good motor vehicle record required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects.