Container gardens have become valuable additions to gardens, patios, decks and entryways and add versatility to a landscape. Stephens Landscaping Professionals is looking for a creative individual to design seasonal potted displays for Garden Center Sales and special orders using a variety of annuals, perennials and holiday greens.
- Greet and assist retail customers in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Create outdoor container flower arrangements for customers.
- Ongoing care and maintenance of seasonal plantings / containers / holiday wreaths & decorations.
- Manage greenhouse material to accomplish seasonal color installation.
- Ensures work is performed to meet budget and quality standards.
- Maintain customers complete satisfaction.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and work orders and turn them in on a daily basis to the Garden Center manager.
- Provide forecasting needs for materials to the Manager in order to complete future jobs.
- Answer phone calls and ring out retail sales through Point Of Sale System.
- Unload, restock, organize & rotate inventory & displays.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment in and around the garden center.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties according to facility procedures to ensure a neat, clean and welcoming environment.
- Knowledge of plant material, green industry experience and/or a degree in Horticulture, a plus.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and multitask.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work long hours and in all weather conditions during the peak season (Spring – Fall).
- Able to lift 50 lbs on a consistent basis.
- Able to run a loader a plus, but not required.
- Flexible hours, Full and Part-time Positions available.
- 25% Employee discount, some exclusions apply.
- Full-Time Seasonal employees are eligible for (3) paid holidays: Memorial, Independence and Labor Day and Vacation Time after one (1) season of full-time service.
$14.00 to $19.00 per hour, to commensurate with skill set and experience. Ability to work Saturdays and holidays required. If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org